Friday, June 1, 2007

writing on a high

I'm at work right now and I am high. I'm on some flu medication now, but the process of getting this medication was absolutely scary for me.

Everything was normal this morning and I came to work. After my morning routine of surfing soccernet and checking emails, I suddenly felt an excruciating pain in my left ribs. The bones were hurting so bad, like I got punched till my ribs cracked. I checked for bruising but there was none. And it hurt like hell when I breathed, coz the ribs kept moving as my lungs expanded and contracted.

I thought I could just tahan and get by it after a while. But the pain just kept coming and coming and I broke into a cold sweat. Zhao Yi Ming saw me in pain and said he would take me to the hospital. We walked past our manager and he took over. He brought me to the Lian Tang Hospital on a cab. I have the Chinese people to thank for really taking care of me.

The hospital here was surprisingly efficient. There was barely any waiting time, which is good for a person who was dying of pain like me. After an EKG and an X-ray, the doctor determined I had the flu, and it caused the nerves at my left ribs to 神经错乱. At first I was like what kinda crappy diagonosis is that? But he gave a jab and put me on a drip. And true enough, I was fine after that. I was back at work before lunchtime.

A flu can cause your 神经 to 错乱 meh?

No comments: